Seattle businesses and workers are suffering from the COVID19 shutdown and you can help! Several fundraisers are underway to directly distribute funds to workers. Please be aware of COVID-19 related scams and do your homework on any individual or organization raising funds!
Hospitality and Restaurants
The Plate Fund is providing immediate financial assistance to those who have been hardest-hit in King County where the COVID-19 crisis is devastating for thousands of restaurant-industry workers who have lost their jobs and rely on every paycheck to afford necessities like food, transportation, baby products and medicine. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE or DONATE HERE.
A GoFundMe.com campaign for Spokane Hospitality Workers Emergency Relief Fund: “our friends and family members in the hospitality industry are suddenly out of work…We have started this fund as a means to provide DIRECT AND IMMEDIATE support to those who need it most.
- Donating to the Seattle Hospitality Emergency Fund is a great way to help Washington. #WeGotThisSeattle #COVID19seattle . From the Organizers: ” As we all come to terms with the health crisis here in Seattle, our vibrant and essential hospitality industry workers are also staring down the possibility of economic catastrophe. “
- See also the Bartenders Emergency Assistance program through U.S. Bartenders Guild National Charity Foundation (USBG) here. Please note that industry workers in need must be referred by a coworker or manager. USBG is only able to provide assistance to industry workers who work in Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond. They can live anywhere but must work in those four cities. To support the fund DONATE here.
Arts & Culture
Seattle Artist Relief Fund Amid COVID-19: Go Fund Me
- Donating to the https://gofundme.com/f/for-artists is a great way to help Washington. #WeGotThisSeattle #COVID19seattle . From Ijeoma Oluo: ” The Seattle arts community has held and nurtured me for years. Those of us in the arts community and those of us who are close to the arts community know the financial pressures that have long been increasing for those in the arts – especially for artists of color… The widespread cancellation of group events has had a disproportionate impact on the Seattle arts community – especially those who rely on gigs to pay their bills. Creatives are people whose very existence relies on what they create and people being able to access their work. Musicians, DJ’s, independent chefs, caterers, actors, directors, writers, spoken word artists, teaching artists, all of these peoples jobs rely on people showing up for events but events are being canceled.
The COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief at ArtistTrust.org
- The COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief Fund provides rapid response grants supporting critical needs of artists whose livelihoods have been impacted by COVID-19. To create this critical program, Artist Trust is building a coalition of people, organizations, and corporations who will join in supporting artists now. To join in support of artists’ urgent needs DONATE HERE. .
COVID-19 Arts Emergency Relief Fund
- COVID-19 Arts Emergency Relief Fund of the ArtsFund.org aims to help stabilize the sector with immediate relief grants for arts organizations negatively impacted by COVID-19. Arts organizations are bracing for worst case scenarios which could include closure, bankruptcy and insolvency. The goal of ArtsFund’s COVID-19 Arts Emergency Relief Fund is to enable arts and cultural organizations to maintain essential functions and retain core staff throughout the current public health crisis so that they are positioned to reopen when possible. Undertaken as a collaborative effort to serve the broad arts sector, the Arts Emergency Relief Fund is being built in collaboration by a coalition of arts organizations committed to the health and recovery not only of their own organizations, but of the entire arts sector. To support the fund DONATE HERE.
Sex Worker Aid Network
- Email Greenlight Project at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the the Sex Worker Aid Network Initiative or donate here.