Journalist Furlough Fund
The Journalist Furlough Fund (GoFundMe) is created by Seattle and Washington journalists who have been temporarily laid off or had their hours reduced across the U.S. amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds are being managed by Seattle Times journalist Paige Cornwell (pgcornwell @ gmail.com, Twitter @pgcornwell) and a list of recipients will be shared at the end of the fund-raiser. DONATE HERE.
Washington State Newspapers
Your local Washington State newspaper has resources you can use and information on how you can help. Both national and local papers are removing paywall restrictions for access to COVID-19 Information. An easy way to help our community is to subscribe and share your appreciation with local journalists working hard to keep us all safe and informed.
Top regional newspapers include those below (A-Z):
- Bellingham Herald https://www.bellinghamherald.com/ The Bellingham Herald serves Bellingham where the Herald began as the Fairhaven Herald in 1890 and Whatcom County. The Herald is mainting a Coronavirus News section.
- Everett Daily Herald (HeraldNet) https://www.heraldnet.com/ The Daily Herald, with its website, HeraldNet.com, has been the leading news and information source in Everett and Snohomish County, Washington, for more than a century.
- Kitsap Sun http://www.kitsapsun.com/ Kitsap Sun is the Kitsap Peninsula’s leading daily newspaper and by far most viewed local news and information web site.
- Peninsula Daily News https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ Serving the Olympic Peninsula from offices in Port Angeles, Sequim, and Port Townsend, the News has lifted its paywall on COVID-19 stories that can be found HERE.
- Seattle Times http://www.seattletimes.com/ Local news, sports, business, politics, entertainment, travel, restaurants and opinion for Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.
- Spokane Spokesman-Review http://www.spokesman.com/ The Spokesman-Review is the largest news and information provider in the Inland Northwest.
- The News Tribune http://www.thenewstribune.com The leading online news and information source for Tacoma, Washington and the South Puget Sound.
- The Olympian http://www.theolympian.com The Olympian is a daily newspaper in Olympia, WA, serving the South Puget Sound region.
- Tri-City Herald http://www.tricityherald.com/ The Tri-City Herald is your source for news, sports and entertainment for Kennewick, Pasco, Richland, West Richland and rest of region.
- Walla Walla Union Bulletin https://www.union-bulletin.com/ The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin is dedicated to serving the community through quality journalism, professionalism and integrity and traces its lineage to 1869. Full coverage can be found here of COVID-19 in Walla Walla County.
- Yakima Herald-Republic http://www.yakimaherald.com The Yakima (Washington) Herald-Republic newspaper features local news, sports, obituaries, weather, classifieds, homes, autos, jobs in Yakima, Wash., U.S.A.