Will my health insurance cover COVID-19 testing and treatment?
The Office of the Insurance Commissioner of Washington State has a clear Coronavirus page and a list of topics and includes the emergency order to all health insurers in the state to cover COVID19 testing visits. Other topics covered are:
Health Insurance FAQs
- Will my insurance cover testing and treatment for COVID-19?
- Is testing free? Is the patient exam free?
- Will my health insurer waive my deductible since this has been declared an emergency?
- What if I have a high-deductible health plan with a health-savings account?
- What guidance are you giving to health insurers, if any?
- Will my health plan allow me to refill my prescriptions early so I can have a 30-day supply on hand?
There are links to information: For insurers and medical providers, Information for business, Travel insurance, General Information on coronavirus.