There are critical shortages of personal protective equipment (PPE) across Washington State and in all types of healthcare facilities.
Some self-labelled Seattle Techies are driving a national effort from www.findthemasks.com and raising awareness with #GetMePPE and #findthemasks. PPE includes masks, safety goggles, booties, gloves, and disposable suits. They’ve recently deployed a new map tool on the website that covers all of Washington State and can be searched by city, zip code, or address. From FindTheMasks:
How to donate
- Call your local hospital and ask to speak to the charge nurse.
- Say what you have.
- If they say they’re fine, that’s ok. Call back in a couple days.
- If you are donating open packages, please put them in a ziploc bag with a note saying whether they have been used, whether anyone in your household has been sick or traveled outside the country, and the expiration date if known.
For a current list of WA Hospitals, how and what they will accept, go to https://findthemasks.com/ and click WA. Hospitals include but the list is growing fast:
- BELLEVUE: Seattle Children’s Bellevue Clinic
- BOTHELL: Allegro Pediatrics – Bothell
- BURIEN: Franciscan Women’s Health Associates – Burien
- CENTRALIA: Providence Centralia Hospital
- EDMONDS: Swedish Edmonds
- EVERETT: Providence Regional Medical Center Everett
- GIG HARBOR: St Anthony’s
- ISSAQUAH: Swedish Issaquah, Swedish Issaquah Emergency Department
- LAKEWOOD: St. Clare Hospital
- OLYMPIA: Providence St Peter Hospital
- RICHLAND: Kadlec Medical Center
- SEATAC: Northwest Kidney Centers
- SEATTLE: Swedish Ballard, Harborview Emergency Department. Seattle Children’s
- TACOMA: Tacoma General Hospital