How can I donate blood during the COVID-19 shutdown?
Bloodworks Northwest needs donations of blood and is working to ensure the safety of the Northwest blood supply. From Bloodworks Information about Covid-19: Donors please do not donate today if any of the following apply to you within the last 28 days:
- You traveled to any area with novel coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
- You lived with individuals diagnosed with or suspected of having novel COVID-19 infection.
- You have been diagnosed with or suspected of having novel COVID-19 infection.
In addition, the normal donor screening process includes evaluation of your health today, your travel history and your temperature. These criteria help us assure blood safety.
- Bloodworks is also collecting donations of blood from those who have recovered from COVID-19 for medical research.
- Click here to Schedule Blood Donation and click here to Find a Location.
- Click here to Donate Financially.
The American Red Cross Northwest Region
The American Red Cross Northwest Region is involved in blood supply, disaster recovery, food supply, and support after home fires. They invite your help in three ways:
- Give Blood: Please make an appointment to donate in the weeks ahead, if you are healthy and feeling well, by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org, enter your zip code at FIND A BLOOD DRIVE, or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Donate: Support all of the urgent humanitarian needs of the American Red Cross by donating to Where It Is Needed Most at redcross.org or 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). A donation of any size makes a difference.
- Volunteer: Our need for volunteers is constant and continues to evolve as we navigate this health crisis. Visit redcross.org/volunteer for opportunities, including supporting blood donations and providing help from home.
Vitalant, one of the nation’s oldest and largest nonprofit community blood service providers is seeking healthy donors for blood donation and seeking people recovered from COVID-19 for convalescent plasma donations as part of a pilot program approved by the FDA. Vitalant is the guardian of the Inland Northwest’s blood supply and serves Washington from locations in Spokane, Spokane Valley, and Moses Lake.
- Read their extensive Frequently Asked Questions – COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
- COVID-19 Survivors: Learn about Convalescent Plasma Donation
- Links on their home page will let you Schedule an Appointment.
- Click here to make a Financial Donation to Vitalant.org.