Washing State is under a shelter in place policy called “Stay Home – Stay Healthy” details continue to emerge on what this means for different industries and public needs.
The Stay Home Stay Healthy Order
The Washingston State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19)
The Washington State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19) site has clear page on What’s Open and Closed that includes:
- What’s open
- What’s prohibited
- Access to State Lands
Rules for Funerals
- New rules on March 28 that Licensed funeral homes and cemeteries may conduct funeral services in a funeral home or graveside under the following conditions:
- Funerals are only attended by immediate family members of the deceased.
- The family members in attendance must maintain proper social distancing, defined by the Centers for Disease Control as staying six feet apart.
Rules on Construction
New Rules on March 25 clarified the Stay Home Stay Health rules for construction. Construction mayoccur in the following limited circumstances:
- Construction related to essential activities as described in the order;
- To further a public purpose related to a public entity or governmental function or facility, including but not limited to publicly financed low-income housing; or
- To prevent spoliation and avoid damage or unsafe conditions, and address emergency repairs at both non-essential businesses and residential structures.